Saturday, January 12, 2013

mental stress

For me, the most exhausting thing about teaching is how it frequently occupies my mind and my thoughts even when I'm not at school.

Whether I am thinking about
the student who burst into tears during class and then told me about her stress
or the student who doesn't seem to care about anything and who I can't seem to reach
or the successes that I felt that day
or the failures that I felt that same day
or the sincere "Thank you" that a student said to me
or the "We don't listen to you anyway" that a student said to me
or the ideas that I have for making my lessons better
or just the amount of grading I have sitting in my bag,
it gets tiring.


I need to figure out a way to either be productive with my thoughts and accomplish something for school even though it is Saturday OR put it out of my mind entirely for a while and enjoy doing something besides school...

Today I am in limbo- this icky place where my mind is stressing about all the school things I need to do, but I don't feel enough motivation or I am distracted enough by other things that I don't do anything about my mental school stress....

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment