Monday, November 8, 2010

little things

Today
I am
Grateful
For the
Little
Things.

The little extra hour of sleep
The amazing little bones in my fingers
The little kisses on my cheek
The little taste buds on my tongue that let me taste the dinner Steven
        made for me and chocolate
The little pink claw covers the cat is wearing that prevent her from scratching me
The little kind things students say ("You are doing a great job; I'm sorry you have to
        deal with all that.")
The little tender mercies of the Lord
        like yesterday at church
        when I said to Steven, "I want to hold a baby."
        and just a short while later the baby (whose parents were sitting next to me) climbed
        into my lap 2 times
        and his mom said, "He likes you. :) That's funny, he doesn't usually act like that."
The little miracle that is the opportunity to tend my 2nd cousin's children because they
        moved into my ward
       = more baby holding :D
The little ways that prayers and longings of my heart are answered and I feel God's
        love for me
The little colorful fall leaves
The little rain drops
The little notes of encouragement from friends
The little ways that I am able to help others sometimes
The little successes each day
The little reasons to exercise my smile muscles

A little leaf.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post, Sara. I am a firm believer in how very important the little things are. So often it's the little things that get us through the "big things". :) I am trying to be more thankful for the little things that I take for granted all the time! So thank you for the reminder. :)

    P.S. Are you going to be at Ashley's shower tomorrow? I hope so! I'd love to see you. I will be there later, since I am going to Rex's funeral at one. But I hope I see you!

    ReplyDelete