We had a near death experience the other night. It was horrible. We were laying in the living room under a blanket, working on my homework, and all of a sudden Steven yelled and jumped up. So of course I yelped and jumped up. Then as quick as lightning, Steven started beating the spot on the floor where we had just been laying with his little netbook computer. I mean like hard. He wasn't fooling around. It is amazing how fast you can move when that adrenaline kicks in. After a few seconds of that, he stopped. There, twitching on the blanket, was a gigantic black widow spider. It was huge and gross and very black widow-y. I hate their pointy, skinny, creepy legs. I don't think I have ever seen one let alone actually had one crawl on me before. Steven flushed it down the toilet and I was itchy for the rest of the night. Worst of all, we have no idea where it came from or how it got on top of us without us knowing. It was like one of those lame but scary B horror movies.
On another, random note, something interesting we have discovered in our marriage is that Steven hates plastic cups and I hate glass cups. Plastic is not very sanitary in his mind and to me glass is dangerous. It's been funny though because both of these types of cups have been breaking. I break the glass ones doing dishes (and get my hands cut) and I also break the plastic ones by freezing liquid in them. I'm not sad about losing the glass ones and Steven isn't sad about losing the plastic ones, so I guess we are even. Yesterday, I bought some real plastic cups, ones that will last a long time. I'm excited about that. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you had to deal with a spider. Eww!!! I hate spiders so much! I'm glad you guys made it out alive. And I know exactly how you feel when you get that feeling you have bugs all over you, and so you feel like you have itching powder all over you. Haha.
ReplyDeleteI hate that feeling too. Luckily, Steven was there to smash it for you. If Chad's gone, and I have to do it myself, I dry heave for like 5 minutes afterward. Gross. And that is funny/random about the cups. We have gone through about 8 sets of glasses since we've been married (THEY BREAK ALL THE TIME!) so I'm with you on the plastic ones... They last longer! I hope you are well! I've missed you. :)
ReplyDelete