Friday, September 9, 2011

good things now and later

I'm not a pro teacher yet, but I have had some minor successes so far. Especially in my Latinos in Action class. I seriously love love LOVE this program and the people involved with it. It was inspired by God. Pure and simple. That's how awesome it is! I'm so excited and happy to be a part of it!

A few smiles this week:
-I facilitated some really meaningful discussions in my Latinos in Action class. We talked about some really important stuff and even had a few laughs.
-My students in that class seem to be enjoying themselves and are excited about what they are doing in LIA. One student even posted about it on Facebook and got the founder's attention and praise when he came to our class today.
-The founder of the program told my students today that I have passion and heart and that's why he is glad that I'm an LIA teacher.

I'm getting a little emotional thinking about all this.
When I accepted the job, I was a little afraid that I wouldn't be able to connect with my Latino students, but I AM connecting. It's working and it's awesome! It almost feel like I was born (and specifically prepared) to teach this class. Even though I am so tired, I feel really blessed right now too. Further proof to me that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. :D

2 comments:

  1. Wow....I'm not sure what to say past....Wow! I am so thrilled things are going well for you and the kids in your classes. I hope you got enough seats for them all now! :)
    We love you and think of you and Steven every day...Sure was fun going to the movie with you last week! 17 Miracles sure was awesome. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things are going so great for you. You sound like a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete