Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Leonardo!

Steven and I had a super nice Saturday!
Steven didn't have to go to work. :D
We slept in. (No alarm clock- Yay!)
I wore comfortable (but not very attractive) clothing (good thing Steven already loves me...)

We ate breakfast at Denny's. The Fit Fare Veggie Skillet is so so so awesome! I love it! We used a coupon to get free Pancake Puppies. :D

Then we stuffed our supplies (read "chocolate") and Kindle Fire into our pockets and, because it was super windy and cold, I put on the huge coat I have had since probably 6th grade (it's very 90s and I don't care). And we rode Trax to Salt Lake (my first time!- it was fun!)

Then we went to The Leonardo and stayed there for literally hours. (It was seriously so so cool! EVERYONE should go!)
My favorite things were the Stop Motion Animation booths, the chair movie, and the art lab. We sat in the art lab and drew for a long time. (See photo below) It was very calming and soothing for me. I decided that I need to do art more in my life.
Steven's cousin Riley (for my siblings- he's the one that Steven used to live with that had all the cool pets...) came to the "museum" and hung out with us.
I really want to go back to The Leonardo. I liked the calm, creative feeling inside.

Then we went to a place where you can buy all sorts of leather. There was even alligator leather- weird.
Then we ate lunch at the Thai Lotus- I had a veggie and salmon stir-fry sort of deal. Yummy!

Then we got back on Trax and came back to Midvale.
We relaxed for like 20 minutes at our house and then went to the dollar movie.

We ate popcorn and watched the Adventures of Tin Tin = super entertaining movie! I recommend it!
Then we came home and watched our new favorite TV show (Alcatraz) and relaxed and fell asleep.

It was such a nice day!
I was actually able to not think about/worry about school for a little while which was super nice. I got to spend time with my sweetheart and we did fun and relaxing stuff. And I got to wear my slippers all day! Booyah! I couldn't have asked for more.

The activity that we did in the art lab was this: you chose a picture and taped it to a blank piece of paper. Then you cut out a small piece of the picture and fill in what's missing... The idea was for several different people to complete a picture throughout the day. So we did our pieces and then left them there. But I took pictures of what I did... (I drew on 2 pictures.)
Picture #1: The funky caterpillar :)
Picture #2: The big picture. Can you see where I drew?
The detail of the one I spent a lot of time on. :D Click on it to enlarge and see it even better!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment