Tuesday, October 12, 2010

late night story

Short story:

It was late Sunday night/technically early Monday morning and I was up late grading and doing school stuff and Steven was helping me and watching a movie. Around midnight, we decided to make a late night run to Denny's. When I was finally done at like 1 a.m., we did just that.
I ordered and wolfed down the All American Slam. I was very hungry. We were very disappointed that their hot chocolate machine wasn't working and that meant we couldn't order hot chocolate (Seriously? It is actually possible to make hot chocolate without a machine...).
We sat really close in our little booth. We giggled and smooched and talked. I hugged his arm really tightly. We got back to our little home at like 2:30 a.m.
I love that man and I love spending quality time with him. I love when he looks at me with that love-smile in his eyes. He does that all the time. :D

Was it a little irresponsible and crazy? Yes.
Was it a little reckless? Yes.
Was I a little tired the next day? Kinda (I'm used to no sleep after working as an early morning custodian). Should we have been sleeping instead? Probably.
Would I take it back? NO.
Was it worth it? YES, it totally was! :D

It was fun and random and nice to be able to be out late with the one I love and then come home and climb into bed. Being married to my Steven is so wonderful! :D

The end.

1 comment: