Friday, January 28, 2011

school smiles

Today, I did a grown-up thing. I applied for a job teaching in a dual immersion setting in first grade in Sandy. 
        (That means that I would teach cute little first graders regular school material (like math and reading), but I would teach it in Spanish. So they learn a language while they are learning other stuff. The students switch off between English and Spanish (like a week of each) and most often they are Hispanic and Caucasian.) 

I'm kinda nervous, but I guess we'll see how it goes. I think it could be a lot of fun! Little learners are so fun, enthusiastic, and willing. And they give hugs!

So, I might be the only 23 year old in the world who still has papers and assignments from the junior high years. It's true; I held onto them for that long! I'm not sure what that says about me, but good or bad, there you have it! Let's say that it means that I'm a sentimental scholar. :D

As I am looking through my papers tonight trying my best to get rid of some of them (so Steven can't tease me anymore), I found an SEP Form  from 2nd grade (5-18-95) in my official file. Under the section titled : "Teachers Assessment of Previous Goals" my teacher wrote:  
"Sara, I've noticed that you have worked very hard to use tape only when needed. Thank you very much."

Now doesn't that just make you smile? Maybe that's why I keep these things...
This is the youngest photo of me that is attached to the front of my file (3rd grade). What would be really great is if I could say that I still had that awesome shirt! :D

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sara, LOL. Where to begin with my comment: I love you and I miss your face. I think I tossed the last of my old high school assignments when Shane I moved from Utah. I had several old schools things for a long time too.

    p.s. I like that shirt, I bet you could find one just like it at Good Will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara! I really hope you get that job. We'll keep you and Steven in our thoughts and prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that great shirt! :) And I'm so proud of you doing "grown up" things like applying for that job. That sounds wonderful and, just like the Sara I know and love, always looking at the positives of everything (hugs!). I think that sounds wonderful...good for you and now I know how to help you with specifics in my prayers! Love ya so much, Mom
    (and yes...I'm printing off your new Blog posts for my ongoing file! :)...

    ReplyDelete