Monday, January 31, 2011

from a realm of light

Who are these children coming down, coming down
Like gentle rain though darken skies.
With glory trailing from their feet as they go,
And endless promise in their eyes!
 Who are these young ones growing tall, growing strong
Like silver trees against the storm.
Who will not bend with the wind or the change,
But stand to fight the world alone!
These are the few, the warriors
Saved for Saturday, to come
The last day of the world
These are they, on Saturday.
These are the strong, the warriors
Rising in their might to win
The battle raging in
The hearts of men, on Saturday.
Strangers from a realm of light
Who have forgotten all.
The memory of their former life,
The purpose of their call.
And so they must learn why they're here
And who they really are.
They must learn why they're here
And who they are!
In their sunlight armor they
March forth to conquer all.
And with their swords a
Blazed of fire watch the darkness fall.
But first they must learn why they're here
And who they really are.
They must learn why they're here
And who they are!
These are the few, the warriors
Saved for Saturday, to come
The last day of the world
These are they, on Saturday.
These are the strong, the warriors
Rising in the might to win
The battle raging in
The hearts of men, on Saturday.
Who are these children coming down, coming down
Like gentle rain though darken skies.
With glory trailing from their feet as they go,
And endless promise in their eyes!
 (Saturday's Warrior)  
It may seem trite or stereotypical, but I really love this song.
I feel the Spirit when I hear it and I loving singing along with it.
Granted, this movie may have some doctrinal errors,
but this song beautifully conveys a message that is absolutely true and very dear
to my heart. We must remember (and believe) who we are, where we came from,
and why we are here. Life is hard but it doesn't have to be miserable.

The only thing that I don't agree with 100% is the part where it says we have to fight
the world alone. We are not alone in this fight. There are so many people on both sides
of the veil who are pulling for us and are invested in our individual success. It is true that
every child of God has to make the decision to have faith and courage- no one can or
should force anyone else into it. But there are so many there to help us stay on the path
once we decide that eternal life, glory, family, and happiness is where we want to end up.

It also strikes me that we often think of this song talking about "Saturday" as the last 
days of the earth, the final dispensation, the time that we are living in now. But I think it 
also applies much more individually in that we all fight personal wars on days that often 
feel like "Saturdays" many times throughout our lives.

We came from a realm of light. Heaven is light.
We have a purpose. To live right and return.
We had a former life. We lived with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
There is a battle raging in all our hearts and it continues every day. And if there isn't,
we aren't progressing.
We have glory trailing from our feet! After all we are children of GOD-
how truly incredible is that!
We have endless potential and promise! We are gods and goddesses in embryo.
We can do it!

You came from a land where all is light
to a world half day and a world half night.
To guide you by day, you have my love,
and to guard you by night, your friends above.
So sleep, sleep, till the darkness ends,
guarded by your angel friends.
So sleep, sleep, till the darkness ends,
guarded by your angel friends.

There's one stands softly by your bed
and another sits close with a hand on your head.
There's one at the window watching for the dawn,
and one waits to wake you when the night is gone.
So sleep, sleep, till the darkness ends,
guarded by your angel friends.
So sleep, sleep, till the darkness ends,
guarded by your angel friends.

1 comment:

  1. Also two of my favorite songs....Sara you always amaze me with your maturity, wisdom and faith. I am so proud of you. I woke up this morning missing you and realized I hadn't seen your blog for awhile...so here I am. I am enjoying sitting back and watch you and Steven GO! bacause there won't be much holding you two back! You are amazing people and I'm proud to be your Mom....I Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete