Tuesday, April 26, 2011

new curtain

--Our cat hasn't taken an interest in the curtains before (she prefers to scratch the underside of the mattress instead) so here's to hoping that that doesn't change (*knock on wood) because today I made a curtain for the window in our living room! :D
--It cost me about $8 (from the DI: 1 rod= $3, 2 sheets= $5).
--It's not the most beautiful or perfect curtain ever, but for 1 afternoon of effort, minimal measuring, and no ironing, I'll take it! Actually, I'm pretty proud of it!
--And... it's only 1 million times better than it was before!
--See for yourself:
BEFORE:
Oh. My. Hideous. I am ashamed to say that this was actually what the window looked like this morning! What a dreadful conglomeration of bamboo beach mat, broken blinds, and red sheet. Ridiculous!!!
AFTER:
Sooooo. Much. Better!!!!! It makes me smile! I really like the band of blue at the top; yeah I sewed that. :D Yay for spring colors!
Blue from the outside. I could reverse it too. :D
--I've spring cleaned several things in our small house and it feels so great! It's clean, inviting, and bright! I hope  it helps the Spirit be here because that's important to me.
--P.S. Thank you so much Mom and Dad for giving me a sewing machine several years ago; I'm so grateful for it!

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great! :) I love doing fun and simple projects like that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete