Saturday, March 6, 2010

Friday :D

Friday was a great day!!!

---I went to work and then I came back and took a nap.
---Steven didn't have to work and he made me breakfast at noon (a turkey lunch meat, cheese, eggs sandwich, which I love). :D
---Then we lounged around for a while.

---Then we took our cat to the Humane Society in Murray to get her vaccinated. She handled it well although she put up a huge fight when we tried to put her in the carrier to take her there.

---Then we went to Salt Lake to use coupons we had for free cookies. We also bought two others. (They were all delicious. I wish they didn't cost so much, but then again if they were cheaper I would want to buy them all the time and that would be bad.)

---Then we went to Taffy Town because I saw it once and wanted to check it out. I thought it might be one of those places where you can watch them make the taffy. It's not. It is a factory, but that just have a video in the store and you can't actually see them making taffy. Bummer. We ended up buy a tropical taffy mix because Steven loves flavors like guava and passion fruit and I got "fudge cuts" which was pretty much a bag of left over fudge pieces, but it was good. I enjoyed the variety, and it was cheaper (I think) than regular fudge. I think they would sell more taffy if they would let us watch.

---Then we drove up the mountain and I got to see the Utah capitol building. I realized that I had never seen it up close. It is cool and has lots of pillars which always reminds me of the class that I had in Spain where we learned all about the different types of pillars. Then we continued up the hill until the end of a road which is a very nice lookout point of the valley (it's the same perspective as Ensign Peak only not as high and you don't have to hike). It was very pretty. Then, coming back to the car, we noticed the 'no trespassing' signs and decided the owner of that property is ornery and kinda selfish to not want to share the beautiful view.

---Then we drove back to Provo and stopped at Pep Boys so Steven could check the fluid in car. (It was making weird noises.)

---Then we went back home and got ready to go on our double date with Sarah and Nick.

---Then we went to Macey's so that I could get some cash from the ATM for our lunch and tickets. Well, after trying my PIN three times (and having tried it 2 times earlier that day with no success), the machine said, "Your card has been retained." Stink! So I stepped away and stood there trying to figure out what went wrong. I was sure I was right. I have never forgotten my PIN. Well, after a few second of that, I realized that I had been using my mom's pin that I haven't really used for years ever since I was the teenage driver at home. On my heavens! So, I went inside to ask the bank what I needed to do and the teller didn't even laugh or smile at my humorous story. It turns out they will service the machine today and I have to go claim my card. I did remember my real pin, by the way. So we ended up buying some Reese's eggs and fruit leather in order to get cask back. (No complaint here.)

---Then we met them at In-N-Out. We were late. It was my first time there and it was crowded. The food was pretty good. I liked it. The cheeseburger was really tasty; the fries were not my favorite (Arctic Circle still wins on that one).

---Then we drove to campus and went to the planetarium show in the Eyring Science Center called "March Skies". They showed us the constellations that you can see in the sky right now without all the light pollution from the city. I really enjoy going to the planetarium.

---Then we went out onto the observation deck and looked at Mars, the Orion nebula, and the Pleiades cluster in the telescopes. I loved that! Ever since 7th grade science, that cluster has been my favorite thing! I don't know why, I just think it's really cool. I need to find my binoculars ASAP! Things I learned how to find: the Gemini sisters, the Orion nebula, canis major (Orion's hunting dog), a nebula at canis major's heart, Taurus the bull, Cassiopeia the queen, Andromeda the princess, Pegasus the winged horse, the Andromeda galaxy (the closest one to us), a double star cluster near Cassiopeia, the king, the prince, and Medusa's head! I definitely could enjoy a life as an astronomy geek hanging out on observation deck all the time.

---Then we played with all the cool science toys in the Eyring building. I think Steven's favorite was the vortex cannon.

---Then we went back to Sarah and Nick's house to eat peanut butter bars (a treat Sarah and I have enjoyed since we discovered them at Macey's during our second (?) year at college).
We also played three rounds of a Hasbro card game called Guillotine. (It's themed on the French Revolution and you collect the cards and points of nobles who are executed.) It sounds pretty morbid, but it was innocent and pretty fun: just enough strategy and twists to keep me interested but not frustrated.

---Then we went home and went to bed.

Super-duper nice day. :D

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had such a fun time, we did too! I need to send you some pictures I took there after I download them :)

    ReplyDelete