So, some people in my classes are doing cohorts (working in schools with the kids as a part of their major) and they say things like... 'I have to be there at 7:15. It's so eaaarly!!!' Now, usually I try really hard not to begrudge people comments like these comments because I realize that it was my choice to be an early morning custodian; however, it does make me think, "Well, stink! 7:15 sounds awesome!!! Positively wonderful! Superb! I would get to sleep in for an hour and still have time to eat breakfast! What a novel idea! Sign me up!" (Oh wait! I am signed up... for student teaching in the fall, that is! It's going to be a grand adventure!)
On Thursday, after a very long day at school, Joy (my paired placement partner) and I went to the high school in Mapleton where we might be student teaching come September to watch their 1st annual foreign language film festival (in German, Spanish, ans ASL). It made it all seem like something that is really going to happen. My teacher's email freaked me out a little because she told us to dress professionally and make sure that we make good first impressions because we would be meeting our possible future cooperating teacher and students and parents. We didn't really know what to say or how to introduce ourselves, but it all worked out just great. The school and teachers seem really nice and the students movies were just as funny and random as I would have expected. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment