Wednesday, March 2, 2011

phone call

So I don't know if you have seen that short film from like the 80's that the Church made called The Phone Call. It is about a kinda nerdy guy who likes a girl, but can never get over his fear of talking to her, especially on the phone. So he makes friends with another girl who helps him and she ends up being cooler than the girl he thought he liked at first. Basically. :D
Mostly it's just funny.
"I should be home practicing on my bassoon.
What?
Oh, bassoon. It's like a balloon with s'es.
Oh.
It's an instrument."

Anyway, I feel like that poor guy lately when I get a call for an interview (which happened again today- this time it's for a specific job- part time Spanish teacher- and not just a screening interview...).
It's amazing what just talking to someone on the phone does to my heart rate and my sweat glands. TMI. :D
The interview is on Monday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment