Saturday, July 30, 2011

fun with Hannah and Eric!

Hannah and Eric stayed with us from the 16th to the 26th while my mom was at Girls' Camp (and doing other things) and we did all sorts of fun things together:

--We ate cupcakes at the Cocoa Bean. (Hannah loved it, Eric didn't even try it.)
--We bought church clothes at the D.I. (Red dress for Hannah, sweet pink shirt for Eric.)
--We ate dinner and played at the park with friends. (So fun with a annoying helping of mosquito bites.)
--We played at Trafalga a lot. (TONS of mini golf and laser tag and other fun activities. Scariest roller coaster ever! Yay for the Pass of All Passes!)
--We ate ice cream at Sub Zero. (They thought the liquid nitrogen was pretty cool!)
--We babysat (Johnita's sister's son) Miles. (Eric and Hannah enjoy being around babies and they are so good with them!)
--We walked to the park. (Fun but sweaty and the ice cream man didn't even show up.)
--We did dishes and swept the floor. (Hannah is a great sweeper and Eric is a great dishes stacker.)
--We ate out at Denny's and McDonald's and other places. (Always fun times.)
--We watched lots of movies. (Sandlot, Indiana Jones, lots of Harry Potter, etc.)
--We looked for my missing cat. (We didn't find her. Sad.)
--We drove to Vernal and Dutch John. (Hannah stayed awake most the way.)
--We read Fablehaven together while we were driving. (I read out loud and Eric even read a chapter ahead when he got the chance.)
--We went to the dinosaur museum in Vernal. (Really fun activities and dinosaur statues.)
--We went on a tour with Johnita at the Flaming Gorge Dam. (Pretty cool stuff!)
--We played board games. (I was impressed because Hannah and Eric started their own game of "Survive: Escape from Atlantis" all by themselves just after watching the grown ups play.)
--We camped and sat by the fire and ate hot dogs for breakfast. (Kind of expensive campsite fee but worth it.)
--We rafted the Green River. (The rapids were awesome. Eric was the first to jump in the water. Hannah was kinda scared for a while, but she didn't take too long to start having fun. I pushed Steven in and he pushed me in back.)
--We went crawdading and caught 30 of them! (Hot dogs are awesome bait and Steven is a great catcher-man!)
--We kept and ate some of those poor crawdads! (The unlucky big ones- boiled and buttered.)
--We went to a boyscout breakfast and played at an awesome park. (Yummy, cheap breakfast and most coolest park ever!)
--We explored the farmer's market and got Slurpees. (Walked a long ways to get them which is how I justified eating it.) 
--We watched the 24th of July parade in Vernal. (There were actually real floats and an "advertisement" for school/education which I thought was great!)
--We played other games. (Threes and Kings for me, Steven, and Grandma and checkers for Hannah and Eric- which really impresses me because I don't know how to play checkers.)
--We went to the drive-in movie. (Cars 3 and Pirates- didn't make it through the last one.)
--We went to church two times. (Eric and Hannah made fast friends with cute little Seth.)
--We went to the dollar store. (Swimming goggles and other stuff! Yay!)
--We got ice cream from Macey's. (Cheap and yummy!)
--We played at Seven Peaks like crazy! (Yay for the Pass of All Passes! I got a sweet tan out of a not so sweet sunburn and Eric and Hannah wore me out! They never run out of energy!)
--We met the rest of the family in Sandy and watched Soul Surfer. (Seriously loved that movie!)

My two favorite quotes from Hannah and Eric:
1) (After Eric used my mini hymnbook the whole time at church:)
     Me: "So you like my mini hymn book, Eric?"
     Hannah: "You have a little book about Eric?!?"
     (Get it? Because "hymn" sounds like "him". That's my linguistic nerdyness coming out...)
2) (Eric singing an impromptu, silly, mocking parody of a Taylor Swift song:)
     Hannah: "Hey! Don't make fun of Taylor Swift! She's a legend!"
     Eric: "Taylor swift is not a legend, Elvis is a legend!"
    (This heated but mild argument continued for several minutes.)
 
I didn't do very good at getting pictures, but I did get a few:
One of the prizes that they got with arcade tickets. LOL
Man! We did a lot! 
I had so so much fun hanging out with my two youngest siblings. 
They really are awesome kids. I love you, Hannah and Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment