Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yay summer!

I made something awesome! :D I'm really excited about it!
So... since I gained some weight my swimming suit didn't fit me anymore.
Well, it's summer and it's hot and Steven and I have passes to Seven Peaks and for I think the first time in my life I actually want to go swimming (I've never really enjoyed it that much).
So obviously I needed a new swimming suit...

Well, I went to Walmart and found a really great swimming suit. 
And then, I made it even better!
I hate hate having cleavage showing and I don't care to show off my upper thighs either so I did this:
I added the teal triangle on top and the teal extension to the skirt!
I did that! I sewed that! I love it! 
It required the fabric, the thread, a ball point needle, asking questions to the nice lady at the fabric store, and researching how to sew stretchy fabrics online for an hour or two.
I also made my own patterns (for the skirt pieces to make sure I got it just right) which made me feel cool.

Pretty good for an amateur seamstress if I do say so. (I've only really learned to sew from watching, trying, asking, and making a wind sock, a pillow case, and pajama shorts in junior high...)

Now I don't need to wear a tank top and shorts over my swimming suit, just the suit!
Yay! I love it and it's so pretty!
It is further proof to me that I can feel and be beautiful without showing a ton of skin. :D
Now I'm really excited to go swimming! :D

(P.S. I have a super sweet tan now! I have now used my new suit at the pool, the Green River, and Seven Peaks and I love it! I do wish my sewing machine could do a stretch stitch though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment