Monday, January 25, 2010

education

I have to remember to remind myself that I really do enjoy school.
I really do love learning new things.
I really am excited about what I am learning.
So why do I feel so whiny and procrastinator-ish sometimes when I actually have to sit down and do homework instead of take a nap or organize something or do something that I "want" to do?
I have to remember not to whine so much and to appreciate more the wonderful blessing of education.
Also, I have to figure out how to make my content interesting enough so that my students are involved, engaged, and interested. How challenging is it going to be to get my students to cooperate (and it only makes it more interesting that they are a captive, hormonal, dynamic group) when even I act victimized by school sometimes?
How can I help my students develop intrinsic motivation when sometimes even I can't get my brain (that says "Homework stinks!") to agree with my heart (that says "I <3 learning.")?

Doctrine and Covenants 93:36- The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.
Doctrine and Covenants 130:18- Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a lot about overcoming the natural man/woman. I don't have homework anymore, but I still struggle to do the things I should, even when they are enjoyable, because my slothful side says "I just wanna nap and surf the net!" It's even more of a struggle now that I don't have the structure of school in my life. I think one of the biggest things we have to learn in life is how to keep ourselves progressing rather than plateauing in laziness :)

    ReplyDelete