Thursday, January 14, 2010

shared experiences

I really appreciate when my newlywedded female peers share their experiences with me. It makes me think that maybe I'm not so crazy after all. We all think and feel similar things (that is one of the beauties of being children of an eternal Heavenly Father and one of the reasons that we should view and treat everyone in light of their divine potential) and it is reassuring to hear about someone else's experiences that I can relate to. (I was able to laugh tonight with one of my Spanish Teaching major friends about how mad she was that her husband went on a surfing trip without her. We laughed about how funny and silly it is that we (as females) say things to or give permission to our husbands when we don't really mean what we say and/or don't think they will really go or do the thing that they asked about. Subsequently, when the husbands- having not read our minds- go anyway or do that thing anyway, we get mad and the husbands are left wondering why we are mad.) Relationships are complicated. But also they are worth the effort. Especially the eternal ones. ♥☼♥

1 comment:

  1. So true! I have had to work on being less polite to my husband. Not like forgetting my manners, but just being straightforward with him when something is bothering me or I need something, rather than being patient to the point of annoyance and martyrdom, hoping he'll realize what I need. Honesty in communication goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete