Monday, August 23, 2010

puppets and books

This picture represents the finger puppets I have acquired recently. Aren't they cute? Now I just need to find a reason to use them. :D
 

This picture represents all the books I have read this summer (since the end of June: 5/5 Fablehaven books and The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull, Elantris by Brandon Sanderson, and 3/5 Leven Thumps books by Obert Skye). I am proud of myself. Since I have been at college I have only read like 5 books for pleasure (3/4 Eragon series books by Christopher Paolini and The Giver and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry). This was particularly sad because this last school year I was instructing reading groups in Spanish and English. The main point of those groups was to convince the middle schoolers of how cool reading is and how awesome books are and how reading makes you smarter (especially in regards to language development), but I didn't read a book on my own the whole time. That's a little hypocritical and also not very convincing. So, I have been on a reading binge (or sorts) since I finished classes this summer. It has been awesome! I forgot how much I love reading! I should have read some Spanish books this summer too, but at least I read!

1 comment: