Thoughts on the first day of school and student teaching:
----It was so nice to sleep normal-ish hours and just get up in time to get to school at 7:30 instead of to go to work at 5 and then to the school. (I did that for practicum and it was difficult.)
----I was really nervous and asked Steven to give me a priesthood blessing. It was really nice. I'm grateful for that. He also made a lunch for me to take. I heart Steven.
----When I checked into the office and asked for a badge the secretary asked me if I was a sub. That made me happy because it meant my outfit did what it was supposed to do. (i.e. make me look professional and teacher-y and grown up since I only graduated high school 5 years ago.)
----The order of the day today at school was an assembly, class and teacher introductions, and going over the disclosure.
----That's a lot of names to remember! All the classes have over 30 students. There are 5 classes. I have to get them into my memory ASAP.
----I got a headache (who knows why? I seem to get them a lot) and a toe-ache (from my teacher shoes).
----The cheerleaders gave the teachers really good cookies as a thank you treat at lunch. That was tasty.
----I really enjoy being with students. The videos at the assembly (that they made) were entertaining. God's children have so much potential and creativity and talent. It's kinda refreshing and exhausting. :D
----Joy and I asked the financial office if we could order some shirts (collared maroon shirts with the school decal) like the rest of the teachers wear so we could be in the "in crowd" (I actually said that). Our shirts are totally on their way!
----My teacher outfit was great! I felt confident and pretty. And then I got to come home and change out of it. ;) (Photos taken by me with the timer- that's why the angle is kinda funny.)
----These are the details: my shoes (which I actually really like) and my watch (I have never needed or wanted to wear one before, but it came in really handy today. I think we are friends.)
----So... all in all, a tiring but good and exciting day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












LOL Sara, you're the best, I LOVE that shirt by the way.
ReplyDeleteIf I had to remember 30 kids in 5 different classrooms I'd set up a reward system for myself (you know every time I got 5+ kids names right I get a small package of Peanut M&Ms or each classroom that I memorized I get to go out for dinner to Olive Garden or something).
You look way cute Sara! Glad it is going well so far!
ReplyDelete