This is what I wore to school the rest of the week (I also have a badge on a lanyard that says 'student teacher', but I started to break it a little so I don't think I'll wear it much):
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
And the shoes (which are very slippery on the bottom- I think I'm going to put some strips of glue on them so they have some traction like those socks that have that):
So I decided that I don't hate teacher clothes as much as I thought I would, but they still aren't my favorite. I think this is the first time in a long long time that I have worn makeup (read: mascara) for more than 2 days in a row. It was kinda nice. I still need to get a hair cut (read: trim) and figure out how to style it so it is cute and out of my way (this week I rocked it with buns and ponytails).I didn't do as good as I wanted to with remembering the 160+ names of the students by the end of the week (I am involved with 2 Spanish 2 classes, 3 Spanish 1 classes and 1 Spanish 3 class), but I'm getting better. I put most of the names in my short-term/attached-to-a-desk memory and then I forgot. :D
I hope that my body gets used to this new schedule quickly because even though I am sleeping more than I have in my previous college years, I have been so tired and I yawn a lot. I also ate 3-4 regular type meals everyday (although my body isn't used to eating breakfast that soon after waking up). That was nice. I really like this schedule.
As far as teaching goes, this week I conducted a get-to-know-you activity (and asked the students to write down how excited the were to learn Spanish and if they thought they would ever use it outside of the classroom and that yielding some comical responses) and took attendance and made seating charts and walked around helping and answering questions.
Also, this week: Steven and I were in Centerville until 3 am one night helping his sister and her husband with their car, we went out to Denny's (endless soup and salad= happy tummy) and saw "Letters to Juliet" at the dollar theater, and we went to a ward activity at the cutest little reservoir in Spanish Fork where we ate hot dogs and dutch oven cobbler and made some friends and got kinda wet and cold when it down-poured.
Then I slept in on Saturday and watched things on Hulu like America's Got Talent and Minute To Win It.
It was quite the week. I had a really good week. :D










Yay! One week down!! You are amazing!
ReplyDelete