A new phase of my life has begun today (or, technically, will begin on Tuesday).
Today was my last day of work at the on campus early morning custodial job that I have been at for 5 years (I was hired in August 2005 and except for one and a half summers and some small vacations, I have worked there 5 times a week).
It is actually kind of ironic and funny because the summer before I came to Provo for college, my soon-to-be roommate (Sarah) and I were looking for jobs and she found an early morning custodial job online and told me that that was probably what she was going to do. I responded by calling her crazy and swearing (not with bad words) that I would never ever do that. "No way!" I said. "Wake up at 5! That's crazy!" Well... as the summer came to a close, I began to realize that that sort of job would be really convenient and would fit with my school schedule really well. So... I went for it and stuck with it.
Suffice it to say that I have spent a lot of time in the Grant, Maeser, and Brimhall buildings. It has been a good job for me and I have really enjoyed the people I have worked with, but it will feel nice not to wake up at 5 am everyday. :D
We celebrated the end of an era today by changing a bunch of florescent lights (22), deep cleaning a bathroom floor (lots of foam and water), and eating breakfast at Denny's (Everyday Value Slam).
On Tuesday, I begin my student teaching at Maple Mountain High School and then I will graduate in December.
Nervous-excited butterflies have taken up residence in my stomach.
I recorded this 2 part video this morning. It is the drive, walk, and card swipe that I have done over and over to get to work for 5 years and today was the last time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






this video makes me kind of sad, remembering how long ago we started doing that (though I chickened out a lot sooner) Best wishes with teaching!
ReplyDelete