![]() |
| I drew this still life during the Saturday session of Stake Conference |
Hope/ Nurturing/ Happiness/ Patriarchal Blessings/ Attitude/ Contract v. Covenant Marriage
Remembering and Renewing/ Better than you think you are and Not as good as you can be/ Pioneer fortitude/ What if he were your son? the meaning of "Father"
________
A note about teaching:
I'm definitely not doing this for the money. Teaching is very rewarding, just not monetarily.
I'm convinced that teaching is one of the most complex, involved, and multi-faceted jobs anyone could ever undertake.
I don't think you can really appreciate teachers until you have taught and especially not until you have tried to reach students who don't want to learn.
I believe that Heavenly Father is guiding my development as a teacher.
________
On Friday, I laughed at an information gap activity that my student teacher friend made to use with her class that looked like it would work just fine, but then when the students actually tried to do it, it was quite impossible to do the activity. It was pretty funny.
In one of my Spanish 2 classes the students wrote "about me" poems and then they were supposed to make it all nice and pretty on construction paper and with illustrations. I thought it was precious and nice how the 4 football players in that class (who were even wearing their jerseys that day) got right down to cutting, gluing, drawing, and doing arts and crafts without complaining. They even seemed to enjoy it. :D
_________
Yesterday, on Sunday, Steven and I made no bake cookies that actually worked and taste really good! Also, I woke him up from a nap twice: the first time I was yelling earthquake and shaking the bed and trying not to laugh and the second time I tried to convince him that he had been asleep for 3 hours even though it had only been like 5 miuntes. He believed me enough that he had to check the clock to see what time it really was. That was funny. Sometimes I come up with some pretty amusing things, but my comedic ability seems to come and go.
_________
Also, starting today I am in charge of teaching all the Spanish 1 classes (there are 3) from here on out. That means right now I am procrastinating writing lesson plans. Wish me luck!







Good Job SARA! I like this post for so many different reasons.
ReplyDeletep.s. your picture is beautiful, fun doodles