Saturday, September 25, 2010

exhausted

On a random note: right now the cat is outside hunting grasshoppers...
This one already lost. :(
(And I found another one in the bathtub, gross!)
Now on to the real subject of the post:
This week was crazy!

This week I:
planned lessons all by myself for my Spanish 1 classes,
stayed late at my class on campus (I didn't get home until like 8),
got a parking ticket,
participated in parent teacher conferences (I was there until 8:30) and actually really enjoyed it,
stayed up all night planning 6 centers for a review lesson,
made bean bags out of knee-highs and rice,
ate a brownie cheesecake shake from Article Circle (delicious!),
took a nap that wasn't long enough after Steven held me down and told me to sleep,
spent more time tweaking my centers lesson,
conducted my students' oral tests (still need to grade those),
felt frustrated when some students might have sabotaged my bubbles (by putting water in them),
illustrated part of the alphabet with animals in Spanish (with my friend)- see photos below (the red ones are mine),
woke up a couple mornings feeling sicky again,
attended an assembly and a pep rally,
went to the faculty tailgate party and didn't network as much as I should have,
went to the high school homecoming football game and marveled at the students' enthusiasm, energy, screaming, and random/unnecessary squealing,
and taught for 7 whole class periods.

This week I was physically at the school for close to 50 hours. That doesn't include the time I spent lesson planning outside of school or getting materials.
I'm feeling tired today. :D
I should be writing a test right now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment