Sunday, September 26, 2010

what the Spirit taught me today

Today was a beautiful Sunday.
Today: Steven and I were in the Ward Newsletter:
Today: I gained a greater testimony of Jesus and Heavenly Father's love for me.
This line struck me: "When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation, and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!" (Hymn #86) I've been feeling sicky and tired and emotional and this made me feel that They are aware of me and my feelings. This always happens just when I need it.

Today: I also gained a greater testimony of Christ's Atonement. We watched a video in RS that depicted the Atonement and several people shared their testimonies and experiences with the Atonement. It amazes me how all encompassing and healing it really is. I have seen the Atonement work in my life and in the lives of those I love. It is so comforting to know that there is someone who understands exactly what I am feeling. Christ suffered pain and agony that I will never understand. He did it willingly and perfectly. He did it for me personally. He made it possible for me to live eternally. He made it possible for me to be with those I love forever. He made it possible for me to repent. This expresses a love that is beyond words.

All He asks in return is my obedience. Even more amazing that that is that He loves me even though I am imperfect. He knew that I would make mistakes and despite and because of that He was willing to suffer so that I could have hope and purpose in my life. That is truly amazing. I know that Christ lived on earth and that Be lives again. I know that he was more than just a really good humanitarian, miracle worker, or prophet; He is the Son of God; He is our Savior and Redeemer.

Our stake leader's wife shared an experience with us today of when she participated in the making of the video that we watched. She was in the crowd in the courtyard scene that yells "Crucify him!" and spits on Christ and passes the cross beam of wood over for Him to carry. She recalls feeling distressed because of how easy it was to get caught up in the feeling of that crowd. She said that she felt impressed that she needed to come to know Him better through the scriptures (and I add- through prayer and service in His name) so that she will be able to recognize Him when the time comes. I too want to know Him better because I want be able to thank Him, worship Him, and fall down at His feet without hesitation.

This is a powerful talk by Elder Scott:
He lives! All glory to His name!
The teacher in RS today gave out a handout with summarizing points from the talk that I thought were really good:
--- The Atonement has personal, eternal purpose in the plan of salvation which was created for me.
--- The Atonement provides eternal purpose in the creation of the earth where I live.
--- The Atonement provides me eternal purpose in receiving a body.
--- The Atonement administers my personal balance between justice and mercy.
--- The Atonement is my guiding light during dark times.
--- The Atonement is the foundation for my Savior's ability to keep all His promises.
--- The Atonement has created the possibility for the most glorious blessing imaginable.
--- The Atonement allows me to overcome consequences of mistakes I make throughout my life.
--- The Atonement communicates love so powerful, so overwhelming that it surpasses the capacity of the human tongue to express adequately.
--- The Atonement provides me insight and enhances my productive use of all knowledge, experience, and skills I acquire in mortal life.
--- The Atonement provides me strength and capacity needed for a successful life.
--- The Atonement brings me confidence in times of trial and peace in moments of turmoil.
--- The Atonement renews my determination because it is the greatest opportunity for true personal happiness.
--- The Atonement is my righteous tool to strengthen my home (myself, my spouse, my children, etc.).
--- The Atonement distills truths in my mind and heart.
--- The Atonement allows me the opportunity to rise from death to live again.

The Atonement is to love and adore YOU.
To love and adore HIM, ask: What would the Lord Jesus Christ have me do?

HE LIVES! ALL GLORY TO HIS NAME!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...we're having fun reading (and printing ;)....you're blog. I love the kissing penguins and the signature in the bottom right corner of your pictures. You are an amazing young lady, sweet/spiritual and so mature. You are my sweetheart and we all love you so much!
    Love Mom and everyone!

    ReplyDelete