Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday thought

President Hinckley said, “Never in the history of mankind has life been filled with so many opportunities and challenges. But of all the challenges that have been faced in the past, the ones we have today, I believe, are the most easily handled. I say that because they are manageable. They largely involve individual behavioral decisions, but those decisions can be made and followed.”
I found this while preparing my talk for church today and it just struck me as so positive and hopeful that I had to post it here. 
I think that all too often we only think about how unique and undeniably difficult the issues that we face are and we don't remember or take heart in the fact that we are also qualified to deal with these problems. We are capable and prepared. We have been given the tools that we need to overcome what faces us and to do better than we ever thought we could.

1 comment:

  1. I really like that quote, who is it by? Love you Sara wish I could see you more often.

    ReplyDelete