We went to the Hogle Zoo (right now it's also Zoorastic Park- the moving and roaring dinos were really cool) and then to Zupas to see Naomi at work and then to a movie (Rio- makes me want to dance!).
We ended our dinner at Zupas with chocolate fondue that was so so so tasty and also extremely hilarious.
It was funny because between the 6 of us (mom, me, Jenna, Vanessa, Hannah, Eric) we made it disappear in literally 2 minutes!
We attacked it like a starving pack of wolves!
(It didn't help that it was only meant to serve 2-3 people...)
At one point when there were only a couple things to dip left Hannah started getting stressed and said something like, "Hey! You guys! Don't hog it!" but when I looked over at her, her cheeks were stuffed! She looked like a little squirrel and she was desperate to get more. Funny, funny!
Then there was just the chocolate left in the little pan so Vanessa took the pan with her (so we couldn't eat it while she was gone) and got some spoons and we all attacked it again and by the time we finished we were laughing a lot!
It was so funny! What a great memory!
Note: I have to blog about this for two reasons: one because it was such a great memory and two because as it was happening my mom said something like, "I can just see you making this into a blog post" and she was totally right because when she said that I was thinking about blogging about it!
Note 2: As I told Steven about it that night, I decided that we really needed a fondue pot and so I looked them up on Amazon and bookmarked the page. (I didn't think we would get one for a while, if at all, because they were like $50-70!)
Well...on Monday (yesterday) we went to the DI and found something amazing in one of the display cases:
A fondue set (17 pieces) that looks brand new! The price tag?...$15!!!
So we snatched it right up!
(I feel like we robbed them because I looked this set up and it's easily worth $100.)
Also, did you know that there are lots of different ways to do fondue (cheese, chocolate, caramel, hot oil/broth (meat/veggies))? Because until today, I only knew about the cheese and chocolate versions... I feel like my world has opened up and that I finally know about something awesome that I should have known about all along! What's even cooler is that our new fondue set can do all of that (I wondered what the "sauce" bowls and the splatter shield were for)! The 6 little bowls even spin on a carousel so everyone can get at them! So cool! We bought denatured alcohol (the fuel for the burner) today! I'm ready to fondue!
























No comments:
Post a Comment