Saturday, August 27, 2011

ah!

As I sit here trying to decide what I am going to do on my first day back in high school (as the teacher! ah!), I am thinking about get-to-know-you activities so I thought I would share something (maybe) interesting about me: I have 3 phantom itches that come and go:
1: on the side of my right foot by the big toe,
2: on the side of my right hand by the chunky monkey (where I got cut by a glass cup and had several stitches),
3: on the left side of my head above and to the back of my ear.
I get these phantom itches for various reasons (who really knows, right?). Right now I'm pretty sure I've got one because I'm feeling kinda stressed about being in charge of  210+ students and teaching them Spanish/leadership and tutoring skills (not to mention learning their names and giving them grades and everything else in between!)
I have had the third phantom itch all day long and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Especially because that's the worst one; it feels like it's under my skin, like next to my skull, and there is nothing I can do to relieve it!

On other notes:
--Steven and I are all moved in to our new place and partially organized...
--We still don't have a couch. I tell you, you don't really appreciate the convenience and niceness of having a couch until you have to sit on the floor or a hard chair all time...
--We moved up in the world in the form of a bed frame, box-spring, better bedside tables, and a bed skirt! Pretty sweet!
--I sent my first email through my official district email yesterday! Yay!
--I went to 4 days of training and preparation at my district and my school this last week and it was really good for the most part. I actually enjoyed it. :D Anyway, it wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be and I have some pretty rockin' outfits thanks to Sarah and Kohl's.

1 comment:

  1. It sure was fun to help you decorate you High School room yesterday....we loved it and swimming was awesome! I like these new updates....keep 'em coming! Naomi's sure having fun and loving her new life....I love her blog too! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete