Sunday, August 28, 2011

best talk ever

Today in out new ward a little girl (maybe ~7 years old) gave the first talk in sacrament meeting.
It was about tithing and it was simple and beautiful.
I'm sure her parents helped her write it, but it was her sweet, innocent, honest voice that really sold it.
She introduced the talk by saying that when the branch president asked her to give it, she was afraid because even though she had paid tithing before, she didn't know why.
Then she said that the basic definition of tithing is paying 10% of your increase.
Then she said this: "I didn't know what increase was so I asked my papa. He said it was basically any money that you get from a job or investments. I didn't know what an investment was so I asked. He explained a little about investments. Then I was pretty sure I didn't have any investments, but my mom does give me coins sometimes when I do chores and that's like a job."
She was just so cute and sincere and it made me smile from ear to ear.
My cheeks started hurting from smiling and that reminded me of this. :D :D :D
Happy Sunday, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment