Friday, February 18, 2011

dream

Last night I had a dream that I was back in student teaching; it was the first day of school and I took over the class from the beginning.
Then I spent like an hour of the class period making the seating chart. Ridiculous. It felt in my dream like I couldn't think straight. That is not a good feeling when you have some 35 high schoolers either waiting for you to give them direction or ignoring you completely.
And... I didn't have a lesson plan so the whole time while I was spending trying to make a seating chart, I was also frantically trying to come up with something to have the students do after wards.
The breaking point was when I "lost" the first draft of my seating chart that I had written on a really small notepad and couldn't remember any of the students' names or make any decisions on who to sit them next to so they could learn and not be too disruptive. My dream mind suspected that one of the students stole my seating chart...
Then, gratefully, I woke up.

Unrelated:
I drew these on Flame Painter. I think they're pretty cool. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment