Sunday, February 20, 2011

scripture cookies?

I found this intriguing recipe in a random ward food storage cookbook that I think I got as a wedding present. (Side note: This recipe book also mentions the use and consumption of tea and coffee... hmm...a little strange... : / And in case you were wondering the cookbook is not old: 2005)

Back to the recipe: I was curious so I reproduced it here and linked to the verses....
(I typed it like it is in the book- FYI: "Is." is not a standard abbreviation for Isaiah...)

Scripture Cookies
3/4 c. (Ps. 55:21)
1/3 c. (2 Ne. 26:25)
1 1/2 c. (Jer. 6:20)*
2 (Is. 10:14)
2 c. (1 Kings 4:22)
1 tsp. (Sol. Song 4:14)**
1 tsp. (D&C 101:39)
1/2 tsp. (1 Cor. 4:6)*
3 c. (D&C 89:17)**
1 c. (1 Sam. 30:12)**

Beat all ingredients together. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, but not before reading: (History of Joseph Smith 1:37) and (D&C 133:11). Recipe from: Our Scriptures. Serves everyone.

So after all... I am a little surprised that this is actually a real recipe.
This seems like it could be a fun activity to do with children especially... Get them looking through the scriptures and end up with cookies! Not a bad deal!
I do wish that the recipe had a picture....

However, the ones I marked with * are a little confusing (Is there an ingredient in there?)
and the ones I marked with ** make my brain yell "Which one? All of them? Ah! Ew!"

Two things I learned from this recipe:
1) God loves and condones cookie making and the subsequent consumption of said treats (actually, I already knew that!),
2) Burning cookies is against the commandments (see the 3rd ingredient). Or in other words, it is blasphemous to burn cookies; Don't do it! :D

So... there you go... LOL :D

No comments:

Post a Comment